MAGELLAN COMPACT is a digital counter intercom which enables a high quality full duplex connection using digital processing of the audio signal and a 100% secured feedback suppression.
The MAGELLAN Compact intercom consists of the following components:
- Client side: A microphone (MC), one or two loudspeaker (HPU) a strip for hard-of-hearing people (BMEQ-optional).
- Agent side: A desktop compact (PMUC) and one or two loudspeakers (HPU).
- Full Duplex
Natural two-way communication in both directions.
- Fully Digital (DSP)
The central unit integrates a Digital Signal Processor.
- Anti-larsen and echo cancellation functions
To avert larsen and echo effects caused by the Full Duplex communication, an echo cancellation process is used by the program to analyze and define the disturbance signal parameters and to eliminate disturbance from the usable signal.
This reduces the sound level in the speakers when client speaks too loudly or too close to the microphone.
- Automatic standby mode
The system goes automatically into standby mode (programmable parameter) and wakes from sleep when it detects voice activity. It differentiates speech and background noise.
- Antivandal client microphones and speakers
Client microphones and speakers are suitable for outdoor applications and sensitive areas.
- Programmable output levels
Independent levels adjustments for agent and client sides.
- Web browser-based control
All settings are made using the embedded web server incorporated into the central unit UC-AEC. The embedded web server is accessible via any internet browser.